Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 20, 2011: Dad's Letter

From: Mike Nelson
To: Eric Nelson
Subject: how's it going?
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:07:50 -0600

Dear Elder Eric,

This week we had the pleasure of having Kevin with us for all week. He was on spring break and came down. It was fun having him here. He and Nicole went rabbit hunting Thursday and Kevin got a jack rabbit with his 22 mag and Nicole followed up with a few B-Bs to make sure it was dead. She said after she shot it that a worm was stuck coming out it's butt.
We finished the job on the mountain on Tuesday and I am so glad for that. It was $35 every day just for gas!
I hope you are doing well and that you have many opportunities every week, even every day, to share your testimony. That is one of the most fun things to do in this life, that is, sharing your testimony.
We were at Uncle Fred's yesterday for Jacobs birthday party and Grandpa Nelson asked if you had eaten any Southern Fried Chicken yet. I told him that I hadn't heard yet if you had. Well, have you? I hope you are being fed well there and that all is well with your stomach!
I hear the humidity is up and I khow the temperature has been up. Well I feel for you.You share that challenge as did Shaun and Kevin. We had some humidity in Peru that mostly came off the ocean and it got hot, yet I remember the humid winters more with a humidity that could penetrate even a good coat. Home was a welcome relief every cold evening.
What can we do for you? Do you need anything? Do you need anything sent to you? We are well here. Don't worry any about us.
The prophet has asked for twice the convert baptisms. We will pray for you and for us that we may be part of the growth.
I will write you again soon. Take care, Love, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment